Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My first peacock swirl

I finally buckled down and bought a slab mold - here's my first attempt at a peacock swirl!

 
 
 
 
I have been struggling with getting my soap white as opposed to olive-oil-beige.  I finally tried a recipe that didn't use OO and I like it a lot.  It stayed nice and thin and pourable while I was pouring out into the mold.  I'd recommend it for this type of soaping.  I blended my micas with 1 TBSP sweet almond oil each.
 
12 oz coconut oil (76 degrees)
6 oz grapeseed oil
6 oz safflower oil
2.5 oz shea butter
16 oz beef tallow
16.15 oz water (38%)
6.08 oz lye
2 tsp tangerine wow colorant from Brambleberry
2 tsp mango margarita mica from the Conservatorie
2 tsp strawberry mica from SJSupplies (Etsy)
4 oz Ginger Souffle FO from ScentWorks
 
Will post pics after the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment