Friday, November 9, 2012

White Shoulders v. 2.0

Here's what the final version of that first attempt at White Shoulders soap looks like.  As you can see, it turned very dark brown.
 
 
However, in the shower, it's WONDERFUL!  It has so much slip and it smells very nice.  It was outstanding for shaving. It smells too much like my mother-in-law for my husband to be 100% comfortable using it himself, but you know.  Men.
 
As I said in my last post, I wanted to try again, so I bought more White Shoulders FO from Bitter Creek and just tried it again, this time attempting a pink and blue and white peacock swirl:
 
 
Now, I bought the Neon Blue Gel Colorant and Neon Pink Gel Colorant for this soap.  I used perhaps 10 drops in each bottle of raw soap (about 8 oz of soap per bottle).  As you can see, the colors are pretty faint.  I would have had to use the entire bottle of each to get a really bright hue.  Should have used more, but my recent mistakes make me very cautious when trying new products.  We'll see if the color fades out or stays in the swirl.  Will post cut pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment