Monday, December 10, 2012

Thai Pina Colada Soap

Pineapple and coconut was one of my first ever fragrance combos that I tried when I started soaping a few months ago, and I still love it.  I was born in Thailand, so I am in search of the perfect "Thai" fragrance blend.  I also wanted to do a soap with the Iowa Hawkeye colors, so here we go:
 
 
 
For the blend, I used pineapple-cilantro from Brambleberry, as well as Coconut Cream from Save on Scents, along with a dash of Lemongrass-lavender (local vendor) and Basil from Brambleberry.  It smells mostly like pineapple; I am hoping the scent will mellow a bit as it cures.
 
The color does look faintly green on top in the "wet" pic but it's more of a gray.  The batch took a while to set up and I kept futzing with it, trying to get the ridges on top.  Which mixed the colors more than I would have liked.  But I like the inside swirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment