Monday, January 7, 2013

Update

Hi everyone!
 
I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while.  I have been going back and forth with the thought of not using the blog going forward.  But I think I'm going to keep up with it for now.
 
I'm happy to report that I've perfected my recipe!  My basic oils are coconut, grapeseed, and castor, along with lard.  If I have shea butter I will include that also, however I don't always keep that on hand.  I wanted to go with supplies that I can buy locally, and I don't have a reliable local supplier for shea butter.  If I'm placing an order with Amazon, I'll go ahead and include it, which means it won't always be available.
 
In other news, I have tried soaping with goat's milk and love it!  I use the goat's milk frozen into ice cubes.  It makes a lovely creamy bar.  It's going to be my go-to liquid from now on.  I tried condensed goat's milk, which is ok but turns orange when frozen (which doesn't affect the soap), but I prefer dehydrated goat's milk rehydrated with water and then frozen.
 
Here are some of my more recent soaps:
 
 
This is not a goat's milk soap, more's the pity.  I ran out!  But I really wanted to soap this scent.  I'm calling it "After the Rain" and it's a really nice fresh unisex scent.
 
 
This one *is* a goat's milk soap.  I got the idea for using Save On Scent's Yankee Candle "Sun & Sand" dupe from a coworker who loves the fragrance.
 
 
Also a water based soap.  Cucumber melon scent - I love the colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment