Monday, January 21, 2013

My first farmer's market

 
 
 
 
SO much fun!
 
This was at the local indoor farmer's market on a Sunday, from 10 am to 6 pm.
 
I made some great networking contacts, including 1 other CP soaper with whom I will be good friends, I am sure - she's a hoot!  She does all-vegan soap, so we won't be competing with each other thank goodness!  The other soaper who was selling does HP and is a high school student (!) so I felt a little bad for potentially taking her business.  Hopefully our stuff is different enough that there's room in the market for both of us.
 
All in all, I made enough to cover the price of the table plus a modest profit.  And handed out lots of flyers and business cards.  Yay!
 
I'm going to send out some of the soaps that didn't sell yesterday to my testers, to make room for the new batches that are currently curing.  Next farmer's market is on Feb 10th, right on time for Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment